.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lost in Tulgey Wood

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." J.R.R. Tolkein

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canton, Ohio, United States

The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure --Mikhail Baryshnikov

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

All Alone in the Woods

I'm sitting here all alone on a log, not even a Mome Rath to amuse me. It's rare to find myself alone these days. I'm kind of sad and melancholy. As much as I struggle with the chaos of the mundane, I guess I rather miss all the noise.

I think I'll curl up with 8 pillows and get some sleep and try not to wonder where all of the silence is coming from.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Orange said...

"An' bein' alone is the,
is the best way to be.
When I'm by myself it's the,
it's the best way to be..."

---Edie Brickell
"Circle"

I had the SAME damned reaction being on my own for 3 nites. The silence was deafening, and I found myself actually contemplating going out to a dance club just to surround myself with noise and distraction. I went nightswimming instead, did laundry, napped and read.

You're right, tho': when you're more or less surrounded by people 24/7, the sudden ABSENCE of them makes you feel like you've been plunked down in da' middle of a ghost town. It's kinda NICE, but it also kinda messes wid' yo' head...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counter
ThinkExist.com Quotes