.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lost in Tulgey Wood

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." J.R.R. Tolkein

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canton, Ohio, United States

The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure --Mikhail Baryshnikov

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Drinkin' Don't Mix with Me

Never was much of a drinker myself, Alice. In high school, I didn't drink because I was in the band and I believed that you didn't have to get drunk to have fun. I still believe that, actually.

I tried drinking in college. It was fun, somewhat. I still didn't like feeling out of control. The control freak in me kept that kind of thing in check. Besides, I always get overheated when I drink most kinds of alcohol. The experience is overall uncomfortable.

So, I guess I don't know why it appeals so much to some people. Maybe you know. Maybe you can tell me, Alice, why some people drink until they stagger their steps and slur their speech? Does alcohol just taste that good that they drink it so fast they get drunk before they know it? Are they trying to kill themselves? Are they trying to stop their brains thinking?

I'd sure like to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

Where you thinking of someone specific when you wrote this? I hope this wasn't inspired by my hanging-over-the-porch story. That was thirteen or fourteen years ago.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counter
ThinkExist.com Quotes