.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lost in Tulgey Wood

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." J.R.R. Tolkein

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canton, Ohio, United States

The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure --Mikhail Baryshnikov

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Gate

We starve-look
At one another
Short of breath
Walking proudly in our winter coats
Wearing smells from laboratories
Facing a dying nation
Of moving paper fantasy
Listening for the new told lies
With supreme visions of lonely tunes

Somewhere
Inside something there is a rush of
Greatness
Who knows what stands in front of
Our lives
I fashion my future on films in space
SilenceTells me secretly
Everything
Everything

Manchester England England
Across the Atlantic Sea
And I'm a genius genius
I believe in God
And I believe that God believes in Claude
That's me, that's me, that's me

Our space songs on a spider web sitar
Life is around you and in you
Answer for Timothy Leary, dearie
Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sunshine in...

--Flesh Failures/Let the Sunshine In

Thank you, Tulgey Wood singers, for that heartfelt and enthusiastic performance. As you all can see by the beam of light that shines down upon me and travels with me today, that I am emerging from the dark despair of the downtrodden. Through prayer and discipline and begging, I am freed from the oppression I have borne for many a year.

I shall take this lightening as the gift that it is and use it to travel onward. To carve out a future for myself and mine that meets our needs and makes us happy and gives us room to do for others. No longer will I be subject to the whims of fate. I shall prevail, because, my dear woodland friends, I hold the power of discipline, of restraint, of creativity, of courage, and of love. These five things shall jettison me forward. I have spoken to you many times of each element. Alone they are powerful, but together they are unstoppable.

Even now, as I feel the clouds moving over to block out my light and I feel my soul sag, I straighten. I resolve to bend and not break, to love and not leave, to build and not rend, and to speak my mind and not vent my spleen. Pray for me, dear ones, as I venture forth through a new path frought with the unknown.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Hmm...not sure I understand what your talking about BO. I'm having a Scarlett O'Hara moment ("As God as my witness, I shall never go hungry again). I feel powerful right now.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Maybe my post is unclear?

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counter
ThinkExist.com Quotes