.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lost in Tulgey Wood

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." J.R.R. Tolkein

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canton, Ohio, United States

The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure --Mikhail Baryshnikov

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolutions

You know what, Alice? I believe that New Year's resolutions are pretty personal and I only really care to hear about them if they're volunteered. In the past five minutes I've been quizzed about mine. I hemmed and hawed and said, "Oh, you know, the usual: losing weight, exercising more, blah, blah, blah." But actually, I didn't even want to volunteer that much. I wanted to say, "None of your business and I'll thank you to keep your nose to yourself unless you want it bloodied." Perhaps that is an overreaction, though; afterall, I am a bit cranky today.

The work is quickly piling up around here. We are in the early, wild stages where, before you consider getting any projects completed, you must first wrangle them to the ground, break them, and assign them pens. All this meta-work and brain storming and spitballing is driving me mad. Besides all of the random recommendations and opinions flying about. It will be nice to finally find a 2006 rhythm and get some stuff done.

I will share one of my resolutions with you, Alice. I plan to get published. I hope that some of the stories I've told you will become immortalized in print and that I will receive a substantial amount of cash, enough to get me and Doc on to a Celebrity Cruise. So, if you know anyone, I'd appreciate it if you spread the good word about me. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

Getting published is my New Year's resolution, too. Yeaaah for us!!!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counter
ThinkExist.com Quotes